Friday, February 1, 2008

A Little Orange on a Gray Day


Lantana - this plant has become a big favorite of my mother and I, since it hangs so nicely from a basket and reminds us of Spain. If you rub its leaf an herby smell comes off, and the berries it produces look like blackberries, although I wouldn't eat them since I'm not sure it's safe.


Marigolds
- functional and beautiful, they are practically fall in a flower, and beyond that, they ward off bugs with their spicy, pleasant scent.

Ranunculus, my current favorite flower (which changes every year or so). So full and gorgeous, although I can almost never find them where I live.
Magnolia, a gorgeous spring-blooming tree that always makes me think of Blanche on "The Golden Girls", played by Rue McClanahan.

Nasturtiums - one of my favorite flowers, a prodigious climber with fun little curly vines, geranium-shaped leaves, and edible blossoms.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

This is a stolen photo - it's mine! Please do not use my photos without my permission. Ginsky on Flickr.

Ginny said...

Please remove my nasturtium photo from your blog. All my work is copyrighted, all rights reserved. You may not use it without my permission. It is in two places on this blog - both need to be removed.